Friday, August 19, 2016

Week 1 - Aug. 17-19

Welcome to the 7C class blog!  I will be posting pictures, videos, and information throughout the year here...mostly to give you a glimpse into our classroom.  Sometimes I use this page to get information or recourses to the students for assignments, tests, or projects.

All school information, grade, schedules, etc. can be accessed on our school site: Sycamore Education.

I feel so blessed to have met each family at Open House.  Some families I have known for years and others I am meeting for the first time -- whichever you are, I am glad to have connected with you all in such a positive way.  I understand not everything was so great that evening....pictures lines...ugh!  I am so sorry some of you waited so long in those terrible lines.  This feedback will help us plan and make changes for the better next year.

A great first week in 7th grade -- I am THRILLED with the energy level of these students.  They are excited to be here with their friends, and ready to learn.  We have laughed a lot already and they have listened intently when I speak more seriously.

Our theme verse this year Romans 12:5 is an awesome focus for the year.  We are each uniquely created by God for a purpose -- and all together we are part of the body of Christ -- "One for All!"  Ask your kiddos about the Mr. Potato Head in our classroom and how he reminds us about our theme!

Pictures from this week:

  • Stacking challenge


  •  New service opportunities in 7th grade - collecting recycling from the entire campus!



  •  Saving Fred on his adventure through history class















Back to School Night: is coming up this next Tuesday 8/23, starting at 6:30pm, parents only.  There will be three 20 minute sessions for you to learn more about each of your children's classes and what to expect this year.  Come with questions!

I know many of you already took first day of school pictures...the boys seemed less excited about this than the girls :)  I like having these pictures hanging in our room, so I will share them with you!  It is fun to see how the students grow and change throughout the year.




















All For One,


No comments:

Post a Comment