Friday, October 2, 2015

Week 8

End of the Quarter
Next Friday 10/9 is the end of the first quarter.  Every year time seems to move more and more quickly!  Time flies when you are having FUN, right?!  Report cards will be handed out at parent teacher conferences.  Encourage your child to keep working to the best of their abilities at all times this year :)  Reading, studying, staying organized, etc. will help them experience a successful year.

Parent-Teacher Conferences:
Thank you for all of the time requests I received.  Your child was given a letter with your assigned conference time today.  Please sign whether or not the time works for you and have your child bring it back to school Monday 10/5.  I am looking forward to meeting with each of you on the 15th!


Dates to Remember:
10/2 AR points are due (18/quarter)
10/2 Zion Appreciation Night at LHS (*see previous blog post for more information)
10/9 End of 1st Quarter (can you believe it?!)
10/9 7th Grade Field Trip to Fitz's & the St. Louis Seminary
10/9 Trunk or Treat
10/13 Picture Retakes
10/15 Parent-Teacher Conferences
10/15-16 NO SCHOOL
10/24 Bobcat Shuffle
10/26-30 Red Ribbon Week


Feudalism Skits
The class presented feudalism skits for each social class of the hierarchy this week.  So fun & funny!  They researched and wrote their own "productions" which I recorded and will combine into a "movie" to watch next week.  Excellent work 7th graders, I hope you had fun and learned along the way.  Students will be tested on Feudalism next Tuesday 10/6.  I wish I would have taken some candid pictures along the way....bummer.

Figurative Language
7th graders dove into (idiom) Figurative Language this week.  They were as happy as calms (simile) writing their own examples and learning a rap to help understand each type.  Lucky for them they do not have a ton of homework (hyperbole) this weekend!  

Picture of the week
Since I don't have any pictures to share with you this week of your beautiful children, I will share one of my beautiful girl :)  She always makes me smile as I'm sure yours do for you!
Blessings on your weekend,


No comments:

Post a Comment